Dr Kathryn Currow, Managing Director & Founder of Taking Paediatrics Abroad will be conducting a Web Conference held by the Children’s Healthcare Australasia Incorporated on September 14th 2021 at 12:30pm (AEST).
- Event Title – Resetting your Gratitude Barometer
- Event Speaker – Kathryn Currow, Taking Paediatrics Abroad
- Date: 14th September 2021
- Time: 12:30pm (AEST)
- Website URL: https://children.wcha.asn.au/events/taking-paediatrics-abroad-resetting-your-gratitude-barometer-14-september-2021-1230pm-aest
TPA addresses limited access for children and young people to paediatric sub-specialists in countries where there are both a higher burden of diseases and limited resources. TPA offers a smart, scalable, sustainable solution.
The impact of COVID-19 led to the establishment of a successful telehealth project providing high-level technical assistance to build human resource capacity in paediatric care. This includes:
- Telemedicine patient consultations for Australian Aboriginal children attending Aboriginal Controlled Community Health Services
- Telehealth for international paediatric colleagues: clinician-to-clinician education and guidance in the Indo-Pacific region, including the Solomon Islands, Vanuatu, Tonga, Kiribati, Cambodia, Bangladesh and Vietnam.
About the Presenter:
Dr Kathryn Currow Managing Director & Founder of Taking Paediatrics Abroad Ltd (TPA) Passionate about contributing to and advocating for improvements in the health and well-being of children and young people in Australia and globally.
Part-time academic at the University of Notre Dame
Past roles include:
- Executive Principal, Sydney Child Health Program (formerly DCH / IPPC) 1997-2018, a paediatric education program that was conducted throughout Australia and into 25 countries.
- Paediatric Emergency CMO 1984-2017
- Former GP 1983-1995
Contributing in 2021 to:
- COMHAD: Vice President 2011- Present
- Global Goodwill Ambassador: 2019 – Present
- Australian Scientific Advisory Board for “Stronger Brains” 2018 – Present
How can I join this web meeting?
Please register for this event via the website here: https://children.wcha.asn.au/events/taking-paediatrics-abroad-resetting-your-gratitude-barometer-14-september-2021-1230pm-aest. Details on how to join this Web Conference will then be emailed to you. You can also visit the Children’s Healthcare Australasia members website.